Thursday 24 May 2012

Three ways to take a screenshot on a Mac

         As a tech blogger, I take a lot of screenshots on my MacBook Pro. I use the Command-Shift-4 method frequently to take a screenshot of a selection of my desktop, but there is a better way if you want to take a screenshot of an open window. 

 Ironically, a screenshot does not accompany this blog post.

I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's review the three keyboard shortcuts for taking screenshots on a Mac:

Command-Shift-3
It captures a screenshot of your entire screen.


2. Command-Shift-4
It turns the cursor into a crosshair, which you can drag to select a portion of your screen to capture. Release the mouse button or trackpad to take the shot.


3. Command-Shift-4, then space bar, then click on a window
Hitting the space bar turns the crosshair into a little camera icon, which you can move over any open window. Click on your desired window to take a screenshot of it. A screenshot captured by this method features a white border around the window with a bit of a drop shadow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Gadgets